Friday 27 July 2012

Mr Miller

I'm sure you will agree with me when I say there is always one Teacher that really sticks with you no matter how long ago you left school/college/university. Well for me that was my A-level photography teacher Mr.Miller.
He was the teacher everyone loved, the one that managed to be cool and teach us at the same time. Although I loved all my classes, photography was the one I looked forward to the most. Over the years I often thought of him and wondered whether or not he was still teaching but never actually did anything to find out.
By chance, through my sisters contacts I found out that he was retiring. When she called me to ask if I would be interested in going to his retirement party I jumped at the chance. Instantly I knew what cake I was going to make him too. For awhile I have been wanting to make a camera cake and this was the perfect opportunity.
Surprisingly, it was far easier to make then I thought it would be and I was very happy with the outcome.


It was so nice to see him and amazingly he had hardly changed. Even more surprising was the fact that he REMEMBERED me. It's been around about 15 years and he actually remembered me.
He absolutely loved the cake, so much so that he made me walk around the party and showed it to all the guests. He was honoured that I made the cake but little does he know the honour was all mine. Just to show him a little appreciation for what he did for me at school.

Me, Mr.Miller and Mona (my sister)
 He sent me an email a few days later with the cutest story of the Cakes journey with pictures:

Follow the cake
103 arrives home safely after having lens eaten by rowdy party goers
travels in car with own seat belt
Takes a rest in the kitchen while we get plates and a knife
We are now into the controls and pentaprism housing,
Cake rests in fridge over night
Next day full on - soon cake gone
RIP


So this blog is dedicated to all the those amazing teacher that changed our lives and especially for Mr.Miller.

Thank you for everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment